Saturday, May 17, 2008

The STUPID Birds!

Every spring, when we lived in our Avonshire house, we would hang plants off of our back deck. And every year we had birds that would make their nest in those plants and cause the plants to die. I would go out and spray the plants with the hose and a very flustered bird would fly out...it got to be so ANNOYING!!!!!

So, when we moved to this house, I figured we wouldn't have to deal with that here...........WRONG! These birds don't make their nests on our deck plants, they do in in the ceiling of our garage! This past fall, our washing machine over flowed with water, causing leakage into the garage, so Mike cut out a piece of the drywall that warped. And somehow the birds have discovered it and claimed it as their home.


We've tried to be good about not leaving the garage door open for very long, but as soon as we open it they start swarming around trying to get in. One night, Mike came home from work and found one in the garage. (It had flown in while I had pulled my car in) So we spent the next 30 minutes trying to get it out. We finally gave up and let it stay in there for the night. The next morning, I was standing on the porch, and those birds started diving at me until I went into the house.
Today, Braxton left the garage door open and the door that goes into the kitchen and the bird flew in the house! I spent the next 20 minutes trying to get it out of the house. The kids had a great time watching me chase it around with a rake. All the while that stupid bird was pooping all over the place! By the time I got it out I was so flustered, I just went ahead and closed up the hole in the garage. Let see you make a nest now little bird!

The birds.........waiting to get into the garage.

The hole that I covered.

No comments: