Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The birdie is in the playroom.....

It was a typical morning, Hailey and I cleaning and getting ready for the day. We'd just finished getting the playroom in order, and I had sent her to go and pick out her clothes while I went downstairs to do the dishes. About 15 minutes later Hailey comes running downstairs saying, very matter of factly, "the birdie is in the playroom". I just kind of brushed it off thinking that she was talking about a stuffed animal she had put away in the toy box. So I told her we'd put it away and we would play with it later. I sent her back upstairs to get dressed. 5 minutes later she came back downstairs, insisting the birdie was in the playroom. Again, getting irritated at this point, I told her that it was put away and we'd play with it later. She explained that there was a "birdie at the window". So at this point I thought she'd meant a bird had perched itself on the outside ledge of the window. I told her I'd come in a minute to see it. For 10 minutes she persisted that I see the birdie. So I reluctantly went upstairs and by golly there was a little bird sitting on the floor of the playroom. Not sure how it got into our house, but there you have it.

No comments: