Monday, December 22, 2008

Thoughts

Ever since I can remember I've looked forward to Christmas. When I was younger it was the visit from Santa that excited me....as I've gotten older, I've come to recognize the spirit of the season that comes along with the holiday. As Thanksgiving gets closer, I become more excited, cause I know that as soon as we are done eating the turkey, the official Christmas season begins. This year wasn't quite the season I'd hoped for. Complications with kidney stones, once again, threw a wrench into my plans. Not being able to get out of bed and do all of the fun things that I'd been looking forward to started to darken my outlook. Three weeks in bed gave me a lot of time to sit and stew about struggles that I'd been having physically, and I started to become angry.

Yesterday, on the way home from church Mike asked me if going through what I do, every time a kidney issue arises, brought me closer to the Savior? The question caught me off guard and I really didn't have an answer for him. I'd never thought of it that way. The more I thought about it, the more my heart softened causing me to repent for the anger that I'd felt.

I truly feel blessed, for all that Heavenly Father has given me. I know that the Savior, Jesus Christ has suffered, just as I have through every trial I've had. I am blessed with a wonderful, loving, hardworking husband, 2 fun, healthy children, wonderful parents who filled my childhood home with the spirit and taught me through example what the gospel is about, amazing siblings and in laws who treat me like I'm their own, and friends who I know I can always count on. How can life get any better than that?

I want to thank everyone for the help, well wishes, thoughts and prayers in my behalf. And I want to wish everyone a wonderful Christmas!

2 comments:

Hanson Family said...

I am sorry you have been so sick. I hope you feel better soon. Have a wonderful Christmas.

Brent and Maria

Kerry said...

It seems like we all get the opportunity to start to realize with every trial, we do get to know the Savior better for that very reason. Doesn't mean it's easy. On another note, Hailey has more going on that all my kids put together! I'll bet she watches less tv too! :) Hope you guys had a great Christmas!