Tuesday, November 04, 2008

It's hard being a "princess"

This is Hailey's first year of preschool.....and with preschool comes holiday parties. She was able to wear her costume to school that day and was so excited about it. Mike, the ever supportive husband, signed me up to help with the Halloween party. (I think as payback for making him go to "open house") anyway, when I showed up at her school she looked like she was having a great time. Then she saw me, and she immediately wanted me to hold her. When I finally convinced her to rejoin her class, she realized she'd left her princess wand at home. She was very upset and started yelling "I forgot my wand!" and begging me to go home and get it for her. I finally persuaded her to go on with the party without the wand. (threatening her with sitting on my lap) Soon the wand was forgotten and she had a great time. When we got home from school she and Gabby went through all of the goodies they'd recieved from the party and found a stamp. They both stamped themselves all over and Hailey got it all over her dress.....when I went to wash it, hoping I could get it out, I read the tag of instructions it said, "Do not wash, Do not dry clean, do not dry" Well that didn't leave me with many options, so we did away with Sleeping Beauty all together and she picked a belle dress from her "dress-up" clothes and she was Belle. Boy, I'd wish we'd done that earlier, it would have saved me money!
Hailey with her class
Hailey and Gabby being silly.
Party snack

Mickey mouse cheese, you can't beat that!


The unicorn and the princess....









No comments: