Thursday, January 03, 2008

Hailey's Birthday!

I grew up with a sister, who shall remain nameless, that resented the fact her birthday was so close to Christmas. With the hustle and bustle of the holidays there were times when her birthday was kind of lost in the shuffle. I now have a daughter who is in that same perdicament. I am seeing Mike and myself pulling gifts out of her Christmas stash and setting them aside for her birthday, because we don't want to go shopping between Christmas and New Years, and we've forgotten that her birthday is coming up. I'm sure the older she gets, the wiser she will become and this will no longer be acceptable.

Her birthday was on the 28th of December, which fell on a night that Mike had to work late at the hospital, so we didn't even tell her it was her birthday until the following day. She had a great day though. We opened gifts and went and saw Alvin and the Chipmunks as a family. We decided to do birthday cake on new years eve, when our friends would be here to celebrate with us. Her buds Gabby and Seth were here to enjoy the cake and play all night long.
Hailey enjoying some of her birthday presents..

Hailey blowing out her birthday candles....notice the princess castle cake....yes I made it myself and yes it looked just as crappy in person as it does in the picture. Hailey loved it and that is all that matters!

No comments: