Sunday, September 05, 2010

Visitors from the West....

Well, miracle of miracles.....my sister Stacy and her family finally came out to the South to visit. I've lived in Georgia for 11 years now and Stacy has never been able to come out and see where I live, so we were excited that they were able to come. Being pregnant, I was worried that I wasn't going to be the best hostess, but hopefully they had a good time. We were able to tube down the Chattahoochee, do some boating (until the boat brokedown) and even make a trip out to Charleston, to visit Jarom and Liina. Braxton and Hailey had so much fun spending time with all of their cousins. All in all it was a fun filled week. Hanging out at the beach in SC
Zach, Anna, Amanda, Braxton, Kayla and Hailey

A little shark, a fisherman caught in the harbor.

Hailey and Amanda boogie boarding.

Zach, Braxton and Anna.
We were also able to have another one of my sister's, Kerry and her daughter, Elsa come out and visit for a week. Kristine's son, Noah was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the beginning of the summer, and Kerry, being the sweet sister she is, wanted to come out and try to alleviate some of the stress and chaos for her. Between all of that, we were able to do some fun things; lots of time at the pool, boating (Kerry even got up on the wake board), and stone mountain. I realize that we live on the other side of the country from most of my family and that it's not so easy to come out here, so we appreciate and enjoy the times when they can.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I wouldn't classify our visit as a miracle. We did have a great time and the kids keep asking when we are going to go back. I am not sure but I am pretty sure it will not be eleven more years!