Monday, November 09, 2009

Project

This year for our 13th anniversary, I thought I'd redo Mike's home office. The desk and furniture we had in there was getting old and ratty....and I always like to change things up when I can. So we bought a new desk, and repainted the room. I wanted to put some sort of "storage" piece that would be different, and custom. And by custom I mean I fix something up. So I found this old dresser at a furniture store that sells second hand pieces. It was bulky, and outdated, but solid wood, so it had good bones. Well, as usual my quick project turned into a long project. There were some bumps in getting it finished, but I did and I have to say it turned out pretty nice. Mike thinks it's a little feminine, but I think it works perfect in the room. The dresser when I bought it. It actually looks pretty good here, but it was chiped and scratched. The paint color behind it was the first attempt in Mikes office. I don't know what I was thinking....even when I did the first paint stroke I realized it wasn't going to work, but hating the fact that I'd spent the money on the paint I did the entire room. I tried to see if the color would grow on me, but it never did. I finally broke the news to Mike that I was going to be repainting. I am so glad that I did, the color turned out perfect.
The finished product. I painted it a silver/bluish color and then glazed it. Put new handles on it.

No comments: