Saturday, March 03, 2007

The drive from....you know where!





Well, I finally did it. I made the BIG trek out to Utah, without Mike. Why is that such a big deal? I DROVE! And we didn't get lost. A friend of mine, along with her 4 kids, my two kids and I decided to go out to Utah and visit family. What was supposed to be a "two day" drive out there, turned out to be a three day drive, when windy weather forced Highway patrol to shut down I-80 in Wyoming. So, we were stuck in Sydney, Nebraska for a day. Well, needless to say, there's not much to do in Syndey. But, lucky us, it turns out that Sydney is the birthplace of Cabela's. So we spent a few hours playing in the local Cabela's.

Our trip home, wasn't very eventful, after we made the decision to delay a day, and go the longest route to avoid bad weather. This experience, however, has reconfirmed, to me, the power of prayer!

No comments: